This page has a total of 1 images, as of 29.01.2023 (15:15:24).
Most Recent added/changed image is on top.
Media Info Last Updated:
Title on Image:
The Gold Sovereign Property, on Bull Hill
This is not the best quality image, but as I have not seen this view before I am happy to have what I have. View is at the south west slope of Bull Hill, taken from Raven Hill. It shows many mines and is an illustrative view at how mining looks as there are many small dumps, but also several large ones.
* Up at upper left the American Eagle mine is seen against the sky, while the John A. Logan mine is just below a slightly bit to the left, with a huge dump in-front of it.
* In upper right corner is the Blue Bird mine, also with a huge dump.
* In foreground bottom, about center, I think the Mary L. mine operation is seen.
* Across the gulch, large dump almost at bottom I think the Ben Harrison tunnel operation is seen.
* The Dante mine is about center near top, seen as huge crib-walls, with the dumps of the Orpha May mine seen against the sky above.
* The Gold Sovereign is some of the dumps at the left side, spread up the hill.
I did procure the colored version of the image, source was gray-toned, or in common speech black & white. Used an online service and tweaked and worked with image to get what looks best to my eyes, including straightening and cropping this view.
Source, Printed Items (Found/Seen in/Known):
- Page 79; The Cripple Creek Times; New Years 1903 - Published in 1903.
Source ID, My Collection:
Type/Category [Media ID]:
Shareable Link to Pic Info:www.cripplecreekrailroads.com/01main/all_known_entities/pics_list-evry1_sort-newtop.php#440